My Terms and Conditions Simplified
So for all the legal mumbo-jumbo, you can click here to download it.
BUT I actually want you to read and understand the terms... so here is it in simple summaries.
1. WEDDING DRESS AND COLOR SAMPLES
- Stating the material your dress is, IS the material you said!
- Making sure you got your HEM taken care of if needed.
- Make Sure YOU provide PHYSICAL SAMPLES for me.
2. DELIVERY DEADLINE
Get your dress to me early or on time, or you may lose your booking and deposit!
Agreeing to pay 25% upfront, 25% prior to booked working dates (when I start on your dress), and 50% prior to returning the dress.
I WILL NOT send back your dress unless you have completed the Invoice!!!
Additional charges may apply for...Rush orders, Reshipment, Requests for other services.
4. SHIPPING POLICIES
- You pay to ship the items to me.
- Return shipping is included up to $40 for USA clients, I ship via USPS 2-3day priority with $1000 insurance.
- International Clients are responsible for all shipping charges.
- Shipping is YOUR responsibility and I'm not responsible for Issues with Shipping.
5. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- YOU can cancel PRIOR to me working on the dress, Once I start on the dress there is no turning back!
- Cancel more than one week after booking but before I start on the dress? - 25% deposit - no refund. Other 75% of total cost will be returned if paid.
- Cancel once I bought the materials (typically 1-2 weeks prior to starting on your dress)- 50% of total still due and not refunded.
- Cancel once I start on your dress? NO REFUND NO CANCEL.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- No quality guarantee, whether express or implied.
7. ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- Understand the risks associated with coloring a Wedding Dress!
- Agreeing that under no circumstance you will hold me responsible for replacing the Wedding Dress or for the replacement cost of the Wedding Dress.
- This includes, but is not limited to, customer dissatisfaction with the final product and/or loss or damage to the Wedding Dress while in transit by a third party.
8. ARTISTIC DISCRETION
- I cannot guarantee that the final product will exactly match the designs or the colors as indicated in the proofs approved by you. I have ARTISTIC FREEDOM
9. CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- ` Customer understands that once the Wedding Dress has been colored, excessive rubbing may damage the Wedding Dress.
- Dry cleaning the Wedding Dress is not recommended.
- I also have a post you can view on specific care instructions.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- I will not be liable for any indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages.
- For example, if you think I ruined your dress you can't come after me for ruining your entire wedding. ect...
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The preliminary and final designs, sketches, samples, images and content made available to Customer are still my property.
They may not be reproduced in any form without asking. No reprint, post, or copy (including electronic or digital scans) any photography, sales materials, or product designs without the advance, express written consent.
- I will use images of your dress for the website, social media, ect.. and if you and your photographer give me permission I can use those wedding photos anywhere I would like.
- I will ask you to complete a sharing form so I can respect your wishes with regards to all photos.
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- If a dispute arises it must be handled in small claims court San Diego County, CA.
- Any costs and fees other than attorney fees associated with the mediation will be shared equally by the parties.
- Must be notified of disputes or issues prior.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement overrides other conversations and such - final and only agreement.
- The agreement may be modified or amended if the amendment is made in writing and is signed by all parties.
- If anything in this contract changes or is invalid, all the other details are still valid.
- Legal jumbo that headings don’t matter.
- The failure of any Party to require strict compliance with the performance of any obligations and/or conditions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of that Party’s right to require strict compliance in the future, or construed as consent to any breach of the terms of this Agreement.
- Sorry, I didn't know how to summarise this one!
20. FORCE MAJEURE
- I can cancel! If for examples health emergencies, acts of God, war, strikes or labor disputes, embargoes, government orders or any other force majeure event that make it so I can’t work.
- I don't have back up, so anything that happens to me can mean I have to cancel your order.
21. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
Any disputes arising from this must be handled exclusively in the County of San Diego, California.
O look at you! Great job! YOU actually read all of this.
Let me know if you have any questions :)