I have broken up my larger price scale into 4 smaller scales with reference images and notes for you. Each category will not only help you estimate a cost but also represents how much time I will need. Remember, the dress matters more than the colors do for pricing. Keep in mind prices can change at will. My Blog also has more details regarding cost for you including tips on saving money.
For your convenience I do break the payments up into 3 parts and include a custom sketch and return shipping (for US clients) with each order.
$900 to $1300
Typically Chiffon (1-2 layers), Tulle (3 or less Layers), or Satin Gowns that pass the "water test".
- Only 2 fabrics, the main fabric and lining fabric.
- Lighter colors, Easy Combinations (Colors blend well.)
- Less Color (ex: Coloring the top of the dress, just in a slit, very tip, or only the under layers)
- Typically Sweep Train length, Sheath Style (Close to body) with few folds.
Price Range $1400 to $1800
This section typically includes dresses with some aspects from Level One and Level Two
Lace/Tulle Dress with 3 or less layers, 3ish colors.
Sheath or Aline Dress Style.
Satin gowns that fail the water test or have 5 or more colors.
Gowns with large tiered layers or mixed fabrics but still framed close to body (sheath)
Chiffon Dresses with 2-4 layers and a train.
- Price Range $1900 to $2300
- Commonly Lace, Organza, or Tulle (4 or more layers).
- Full Rainbow, 5 or more colors, colors that don't blend easy.
- At times 3 colors may enter this price range due to the style of dress. (ex: princess style with 4 or more layers, and a chapel train length.)
- Full gowns with many layers or very gathered.
- Often with mixed fabric types like a layer of chiffon over tulle layers and organza then the lining.
Price Range $2400 to $3000
Rosette Style Gowns with dark colors or 3+ colors
Lace with Many Layers, heavy beading, lots of colors and Alternating Fabrics
Horse Hair Hem in Organza. Organza mixed with Tulle in Layers or Ruffles.
Typically with Beads, Rhinestones, and/or Sequins.
Design Work such as hand painting, Color Changing, Complicated or Difficult Combos.
Princess Style with Chapel or Cathedral Train, lots of fabric!